Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We went to Oma's Pumpkin Patch on Saturday. I have never been to one before and it was quite nice. Next year will be better when Amelia can actually play on the structures and pet the animals. We got our pictures, looked like all the other crazy parents trying to get her to smile. I think we will go back to this pumpkin patch next year. I like the idea they have to get measured every year.







Activities at the pumpkin patch:
Pick out a "Jack" pumpkin. This was a small pumpkin that all kids 1 and up picked out with their admission fee. We got a pretty big pumpkin for $13. I feel like that was a good price. But you have to take in to consideration that we paid a $6 admission.
The goats to pet were in the middle of the patch. I think there was a fee to pet them. They had good sanitation stations. We'll do this next year.
After the goats was a cotton hill. Yes, it was cotton. It was sloped up about 20 feet. There were boards and other stuff for the kids to "slide" down the cotton hill. I thought it was pretty cool.
Then there were two little playgrounds. One for 5 and under and a big kid one. I like that they split them up. My one complaint was there weren't enough baby swings. But I haven't been to a playground where there has been more than 2.
There were a couple picnic areas. It looked like one was for parties and another for individual families to eat lunch.
And there were diaper changing stations.
The whole place was very stroller friendly.
The worst thing about the patch was the hornets and flies EVERYWHERE! On the way in Jared got stung. You can probably see some in the pictures. But I can't really complain because I don't know what they can do about it.
Hopefully more pictures to come with a carved pumpkin.








No comments:

Post a Comment