Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

So here's the recipe I love. The one that never fails me. THIS is the recipe that I have modified myself from years of using adding my own variations. I started making cookies with my older brothers. They taught me to add more brown sugar than white sugar. Then I got the coconut added in from my Aunt. I can't remember when I started adding in the Baking Powder. I just think it gives the cookies more ooomph. haha. And I figured out that using COLD crisco makes the cookies more firm. I don't like it when my cookies get all runny. You ever use butter that's too melted and notice how the cookie dough just doesn't look right? I don't know, maybe YOU like that. I hope you enjoy. I DO! And of course, I ALWAYS make a double batch. Silly.

1 Batch of Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1 Cup Crisco - Butter Flavor (comes in one cup measurements) Keep refridgerated.
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 Cup Coconut
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/2 package Chocolate Chips (2 cups)
nuts, if you are (yuck)

Mix the COLD Crisco (Butter Flavored) and the sugars very, very well.
Add Vanilla + Eggs
In a seperate bowl mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, coconut, and oatmeal.
Add dry mixture to wet mixture 2 cups at a time. You don't have to mix this alot, just till flour is blended in.
Add Chocolate Chips
Cook at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment