Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My First Blog


We are getting ready for baby! Tonight we bought a glider rocking chair from a local OB-cean for $200. It has not been used and was originally sold for over $400. What a deal! I've learned you have to be aggressive on craigslist to snag a chair before someone else gets it. So I've been checking craigslist about twice a day for the last week and I finally was the first caller on this one. So now it's ours. (Thanks Mom for the $$$) All we really need now, besides baby Amelia, is a carseat. I so excited! I even get excited over the little itsy, bitsy diapers. I love the way they smell. And I really love the free samples I keep receiving from Pampers and Huggies. Bring on some more! Jared's mom is throwing us a baby shower this Saturday.... three weeks from the due date! I was convinced from a friend (Shawna Mama) it would be better this way cause I will have to store everything and so it might as well be closer to the due date. I can't believe that I am having a baby shower, that this is my life, and I am SO HAPPY. I couldn't imagine it better than this. Jared has been a champ of a husband. He gives me back rubs and foot massages. He takes such good care of me. And he doesn't let me buy too much stuff. I would really have gone overboard on baby clothes. So far, what I've bought has been on sale. I've been pretty good. It's been a huge blessing to have friends that give me their pass me downs. Shawna Mama has given me so much, my boss Carola has given me so much. I really appreciate it. I have other friends that say they are going to give me their stuff and am looking forward to it cause I love their taste.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and it sounds like you'll be totally prepared when the baby comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECKY!!! how fun that you have a blog! Just in time for amelian pictures of amelia!!! heee. really, I'm so happy cause now I can follow your life better and we can both see how our little girls are growing. what are the docs saying? you think you'll go early? i'm just totally banking on having her on my due date since luke came right on his - but you never know. my mom said your mom is coming on the 22nd. my mom isn't coming until the 31st. anyway, sure love you and again - i'm super excited to follow your blog!!

    ReplyDelete